Thu, Mar 24|
Centro Event Space
Women in Power, Girls of Legacy
Celebrating Women's History Month and the legacy of trailblazers that have gone before us while empowering the future generations to come. Hosted by Rebecca Contreras with special guests; our girls of legacy, Jan Goss, Cherie Mathews, Cathy Hernandez, and special guest Katie Dowell.
Time & Location
Mar 24, 2022, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Centro Event Space, 305 W Liberty Ave, Round Rock, TX 78664, USA
About The Event
About The Event:
AvantGarde CEO Rebecca Contreras is hosting an event in celebration of Women’s History Month. Come and meet and hear from women that have trailblazed in their field & industry as well as be a part of encouraging and celebrating our future trailblazers, our girls of legacy! The event is a private event with a digital ticket required (free admission/first come first registered). Registration deadline ends March 20, 2022!
1. Rebecca Contreras, Author and CEO AvantGarde LLC and Former Special Assistant to President Bush “Embracing High-Capacity Impact for Good”
Rebecca Contreras is a social and business entrepreneur who spent nearly twelve years with the George W. Bush legacy, first in Texas as his Director of HR then in DC in the White House as a Commissioned Officer supporting the Presidential transition and serving in his first term as President. She started her fifteen-year service in government in a welfare-to-work program as a single mom for Texas icon Ann Richards. She is currently the President & CEO of AvantGarde LLC a 100 person consulting business she founded in 2012, she also recently launched her book “Lost Girl – From the hood to the White House to Millionaire Entrepreneur”.
2. Katie Dowell, Mrs. Texas American
Katie Dowell was crowned Mrs. Texas 2021 last November in Corsicana, TX. A wife and mother to her ten month old daughter is using her title to advocate for those facing mental health issues after traumatic life events. Katie faced her own battles with her physical health at a young age. After several back surgeries due to scoliosis she found herself struggling to accept her scars and mentally battling the chronic pain. The name of her platform is “Build Your Beautiful Life” as she has built something beautiful from her struggles and wants others to know that whether people need help with counselor fees or someone safe to talk to, she hopes people will use Build Your Beautiful Life to start their journey to healing. She is working on turning Build Your Beautiful Life into a nonprofit and spreading the word about the organization, starting with the Mrs. Texas American. As a compassionate public speaker, Katie believes it’s her duty to help those struggling with mental health and breaking the stigma around getting help. She is an active member of the "Setting Scoliosis Straight Foundation" and volunteers in her community.
3. Jan Goss, CEO/Founder of Civility Consulting, LLC. Speaker, Author, Senior Executive Consultant, Amazon best-selling author and 2020 Business Consultant Management Award Winner, Recipient of the 2019 Austin’s fab five award – top five influencers in Austin Texas.
Jan Goss is President & CEO of Civility Consulting; she is a respected leader in her field and community. Jan founded the Austin School of Protocol, LLC in July 2007 and launched Civility Consulting in January 2011. She has been named America’s #1 Master Confidence Strategist. Jan’s expertise is as a Senior Executive Consultant, supporting leaders so they can Show Up Well in their personal and professional lives.
4. Cherie Mathews, Cancerpreneur, Inventor, Advisor, Global Woman Inspirational Award Recipient and Founder of Healincomfort “Wake Up The Inventor in YOU!” #WomenInventorsRock
Cherie B. Mathews believes that there is an entrepreneur in everyone. In her talk, "The Inventor in You," Cherie will share her real-life stories of starting something small - just a thought and turning it into a successful journey. Turning a challenge of reinventing a stapler into working on projects for NASA. One question and a desire of helping to impact our youth resulted in a successful reach and impact of millions. She’ll share how she turned a bad thing into a good thing for others and turned an idea for a product and solution to help breast cancer patients into a patented product that has helped thousands. Cherie will share the necessary mindset to think and take action required to be an inventor and be a change maker.
The Award winning and patented Healincomfort Recovery Shirt.
http://www.healincomfort.com (for women)
https://www.TheRecoveryShirt.com (for men)
5. Cathy Hernandez, Entrepreneur, Master Nutritionist, President and CEO of Reset Health Coaching
Before creating Reset Health Coaching, Cathy was in charge of patents and trademarks for a multi-million-dollar company in El Paso, Texas. Having an entrepreneur spirit, she decided to create Reset Health Coaching. As a Master Level Certified Nutrition Consultant from American Fitness Professionals & Associates her company is a fully recognized entity with the Center for Disease Control. This designation is reserved for programs that have effectively delivered quality, evidence-based program that meets all of the standards for CDC recognition.
- Celtic Viking Studios, Photography by Nick Cotto www.celticvikingstudios.com/
- Platinum Resort Assisted Living and Memory, Shannan Conway and Laura Chotkevys www.platinumresortassistedliving.com/
- AvantGarde LLC www.avantgarde4usa.com/
- Gene and Tina Edmondson, Gene Auto Repair and Service Center www.genesautorepair.net/
- Total Graphics of Daytona www.tgdaytona.com
- Concho Hearts Hospice www.conchoheartshospice.com
- Avo Realty Group www.greatertexasre.com
- Novita Spa Regenerative & Wellness Boutique and Novita Spa Clinical Products, Megan Di Martino www.novitaspa.com
1 hour 30 minutes
Program Begins (3 Speakers)